Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Facilities & Purchasing Coordinator - Maternity Contract
We are seeking an experienced, highly organised, and proactive administrator to join our Procurement & Facilities team in Dublin to cover maternity leave. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of a variety of activities to support the team in the smooth and timely operation of facilities and office support functions.
The ideal candidate will be customer-focused, highly self-motivated and show great initiative to keep the office running smoothly.
- Work with the Finance teams to ensure efficient and accurate invoice processing, investigating queries as required
- Support in the preparation and management of operational budget and financial procedures ensuring spend compliance
- Maintain the administration of the team including raising purchase orders, reconciling invoices, monitoring expenditure against budget, following up outstanding payments, and liaising with the finance team to uphold accurate financial record keeping
- Liaise with third party suppliers / contractors, monitoring performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs), including attending monthly supplier review meetings
- Support the Facilities department in delivering a consistent and efficient service across 3 office sites including ensuring that all Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules are up to date and that any remedial works are undertaken quickly
- Support business stakeholders in the planning of meetings and events
- Preparation of a variety of management reports and electronic presentations including overall design and manipulation and extraction of data
- Maintain both soft and hard filing systems, ensuring consistency and support to the management team where required
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills and methodical approach to results’ delivery
- Previous experience in environmental processes and sustainability, desirable but not essential
- Facilities and building management experience, desirable but not essential
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to deal quickly and effectively with problems
- Detail-oriented, analytical and accurate
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Experience in dealing with customer requests and coping under pressure whilst maintaining focus is essential
- Previous experience of helpdesk operations or similar support role is desirable
- Previous experience of working in a busy and demanding environment
- Numerate, with experience of dealing with purchase orders, suppliers and invoices
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, discretion and confidentiality at all times
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status