Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Senior Fleet Underwriter - Maternity Contract
Jobs like this involve building, maintaining, and developing a Portfolio of profitable renewals and generate new business in line with agreed area/segment strategies, and underwriting the associated cases within agreed processes and risk appetite.
You will spend most of your time delivering underwriting decisions, driving Trading activity within the Portfolio and contributing to business development activities. You will use your strong technical, analytical, relationship management and communication skills to manage the underwriting and pricing and pricing of risks within a portfolio.
You will work closely with the Trading Team, Portfolio & Pricing Team and Sales. You will use your analytical and communication skills to prepare and deliver timely, accurate and relevant information
- Reviewing allocated risks, which could be large, complex or specialist, and deliver underwriting and pricing decisions, following agreed processes at the designated authority level, in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- Leading and/or contributing to technical audits and peer review processes as required to support and enable the maintenance of an effective control environment.
- Providing advice and guidance to the production of new policy wordings or reviews of existing policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate.
- Leading or playing a major role in managing and developing a portfolio in order to maximise profitable revenue potential from new and renewal business and achieve agreed business targets.
- Leading or contributing to the development and monitoring of Portfolio Plans, gaining agreement to and implementing them in order to secure renewals and optimise profitable new business growth potential at individual account level.
- Identifying, recommending and leading or contributing to the implementation of segmentation and marketing activities, business development initiatives, etc. to increase overall revenue and business mix in line with agreed Ops Plans.
- Contributing to the wider development of effective business strategies, priorities and market propositions, drawing on own knowledge, understanding and interpretation of local markets, competitors and Accounts.
- Providing expert advice, guidance and coaching to less qualified and/or experienced colleagues to address technical referrals and raise standards and expertise across the technical community.
- Collecting, collating, analysing and modelling a variety of Portfolio-related data, identifying variances, trends, anomalies, etc and explain, highlight and/or refer relevant issues to others as appropriate.
- CIP Qualified
- Excellent negotiations skill
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Awareness and understanding of relevant regulatory requirements.
- Strong Analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent Technical Underwriting skills
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.