Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Data Protection Specialist - Fixed Term Contract
This role involves supporting the Data Protection Officer (DPO) in managing all aspects of the RSA Data Protection Policy to ensure RSA continues to comply with its Data Protection regulatory obligations. An important part of the role will be to work closely with the business to ensure appropriate implementation of an effective Data Protection Culture across all parts of the business including RSAII, 123.ie and RSANI.
There is a significant advisory and business partnering component and interaction with internal and external stakeholders including the RSA UK & International DP Office and Intact Financial Corporation
- Day to day responsibility for ensuring that the Standards and Controls necessary for compliance with the RSA Data Protection Policy are developed and maintained.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to the business on compliance with data protection law and regulations i.e. the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 2018 and the 2011 ePrivacy Regulations.
- Assist with developing training and awareness across the organization.
- Involvement in Projects, ensuring Data Privacy Impact Assessment (DPIAs) are performed where necessary and review for effectiveness.
- Assist with the design and operation of Data Subject Rights (DSR) requests.
- Oversee the resolution by the business of Personal Data Breaches and Risk Incidents to ensure Data Protection risk is mitigated.
- Support the operation of the Third-Party Management process as Risk SME for Data Protection due diligence.
- Build a strong advisory and consultative capability within the RSA DP Office.
- Help promote a strong Data Protection Culture across the organisation.
- Complete assurance reviews to mitigate data protection risks.
- Attend various meetings, committees and forums as a delegate of the DPO.
- Liaise with the DPC, industry bodies and other third parties as appropriate
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience working in Data Protection
- A certification/ qualification in Data Protection law is essential.
- Insurance and/ or Regulatory Compliance qualifications are beneficial.
- The jobholder will work on a hybrid way of working with occasional travel required to either our Dublin or Galway office (depending on candidate location).
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status