Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Trainee/ Graduate General Insurance Pricing Actuary
This role sits within the Personal Lines Underwriting Department within a team of qualified, nearly/newly qualified and trainee actuaries (approx. 15 in size) responsible for the front-end pricing of personal lines and its associated monitoring.
The individual will be involved with implementing/proposing new pricing techniques and structures and contributing to actuarial and analytical advances/improvements. Most rating structures sit within Radar Live which are maintained by the team. Reporting and analysis are also performed within Radar software with R and DataRobot also utilised.
The individual will also appreciate all aspects of GLMs, GBMs, claims trending analyses and technical price and all the associated complexities and aspects of back end to front end pricing as well as ensuring any impact on the end customer is appropriately considered. As a result, the individual will also be required to have a close relationship with the Actuarial Team. The role lends itself to significant cross functional engagement and there will be numerous opportunities to present change proposals and engage with both actuarial and non-actuarial audiences.
- Gathering required data (qualitative and quantitative) for analytical and/or modelling purposes, from agreed internal and/or external sources, in line with all mandatory data management, reporting and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with other departments to verify appropriate data sources and understanding of data. Cleaning and validating information collected to ensure accuracy and reliability, as far as possible.
- Work with Actuarial to specify, build and operate technical pricing models to meet business needs and requirements, ensuring methods and assumptions used are appropriate and consistent with relevant Group/Regional guidelines and reflect material regulatory requirements.
- Scenario analysis identifying impact of rate changes on profitability, business mix, conversion & retention.
- Adherence to RSAII's Personal Lines Pricing Policy and RSA's Risk Management Framework within all work completed.
- Analysing/modelling information to identify variances, trends, anomalies, etc and explain, highlight and/or refer relevant issues to others as appropriate.
- Support review of Management Information – (including AP/TP analysis, claims trends, loss ratio, COR, retention, conversion, mix etc) to identify problem areas.
- Preparing and presenting required reports, forecasts and other outputs to agreed standards in terms of timeliness, content and presentation on a regular and ad hoc basis as required.
- Taking all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and reliability of output, providing appropriate guidance to others on implications and interpretation.
- Analysis of Business Mix to identify changes that can affect profitability.
- Mathematical or statistics 3rd level qualification or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Intermediate knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and SAS or SQL
- Knowledge of pricing tools EMBlem, Radar & Optimiser and GLM/GBM modelling techniques
- Based in Dublin
- Position in retail pricing team
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.