Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Out stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Customer Claims Handler - Hybrid
This is an exciting new hybrid working career opportunity within the Insurance industry. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary which will progress when you achieve APA & CIP qualification in line with our refreshed reward offering in addition to our excellent employee value proposition and benefits.
We are currently hiring for several Customer Claims Handler roles to join our team based in Galway. The role is a full-time position and can be office-based or hybrid. Training takes place in our Galway office in Knocknacarra.
We are looking for individuals at entry level (no prior insurance experience required) and also have positions for experienced claims handlers.
- You will spend most of your time reviewing and assessing claims
- Having high levels of empathy and understanding for our customers
- Depending on your level of experience this will involve taking claim notifications over the phone, providing updates on claims, and working with customers and service providers to progress claims towards settlement
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous, and timely manner to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction
- Working proactively with service providers to ensure fair and efficient investigation and evaluation of liability and damage and agreeing appropriate repair, replacement, or reimbursement.
- Supporting more experienced colleagues in the handling of complex cases
- Delivering the highest standards of quality and working with your coach to continuously improve
- Strong customer services skills
- Confident, enthusiastic, and professional phone manner
- Ability to communicate with customers over the phone
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel desirable but not required
- The role can be office-based or hybrid. Training takes place in our Galway office in Knocknacarra.
- To hold or progress towards APA/CIP qualification preferred.
- This role is a "controlled function" as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that you meet the requirements as set out in the Fitness & Probity standards issued in this Act.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status