Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Experienced Claims Handler - Hybrid
This is an exciting new hybrid working career opportunity within the Insurance industry. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, commensurate with experience in line with our refreshed reward offering in addition to our excellent employee value proposition and benefits.
We are currently hiring for experienced Motor & Property Damage Claims Handler roles to join our team based in Galway. The role can be office-based or hybrid. Training takes place in our Galway office in Knocknacarra.
We are looking for individuals with experience of handling property and/or motor damage claims and who have achieved, at least, their APA qualification (but CIP is a distinct advantage). You will use your knowledge, experience, and qualifications to support and coach your less experienced colleagues.
- You will spend most of your time reviewing and assessing claims and being a referral point and support for less experienced colleagues
- Progressing claims to settlement and working with colleagues, customers and service providers to deliver the highest standards of claims handling
- Reviewing files, authorising claims and providing feedback and coaching to your colleagues
- Working proactively with service providers to ensure fair and efficient investigation and evaluation of liability and damage and agreeing appropriate repair, replacement or reimbursement.
- Having high levels of empathy and understanding for our customers
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Delivering the highest standards of quality and working with your colleagues to ensure that they continue to improve
- Experience in handling property or motor damage claims
- Minimum APA qualified (CIP an advantage)
- Strong technical and customer services skills
- Ability to communicate with both colleagues and customers
- Confident, enthusiastic, and professional communication manner
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel desirable but not required
- The role can be office-based or hybrid. Training takes place in our Galway office in Knocknacarra.
- A competitive, experience related, salary with an achievable performance related bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- Life Assurance & Critical Illness Cover
- Home and motor insurance discounts
- Generous family leave policies
- Exam sponsorship & study leave to continue your qualifications with a reward and salary increase upon completion of CIP.
- Sociable hours of work, Monday to Friday, with no weekend work.
- 23 days annual leave plus additional company days and time off for moments that matter (with the option to buy more annual leave)
- Flex Benefits Package – choose from options like Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Discount options
- Easy access to our Employee Assistance Programme and suite of Employee Wellness Initiatives including Annual Flu Vaccine
- Discretionary Company Days, volunteering days and Thank You Days
- Great staff social events – on site and virtual – organised by the RSA / 123.ie Connect Team
- Spotlight recognition points which convert to vouchers and other great prizes
- Access to learning on your own terms – courses by top learning providers across multiple topics available online.
- Energetic and open team dynamic
- And more.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status