Claims Handler Apprenticeship Programme - Galway
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is to join apprentice scheme that provides exposure to our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme you will be gaining new skills and experience though on the job insurance experience. In addition, we will fund and support you to complete insurance industry professional qualifications (APA and CIP) as well as a Bachelor of Arts in Insurance Practice which is Level 8 on the NFQ, awarded by IT Sligo. When you join, you will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme. We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career.
Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
About the job
You would be joining our Claims team as a Claims Handler based in our Galway office in Knocknacarra.
- You will spend most of your time reviewing and assessing claims
- Having high levels of empathy and understanding for our customers
- Depending on your level of experience this will involve taking claim notifications over the phone, providing updates on claims, and working with customers and service providers to progress claims towards settlement.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Working proactively with service providers to ensure fair and efficient investigation and evaluation of liability and damage and agreeing appropriate repair, replacement or reimbursement.
- Supporting more experienced colleagues in the handling of complex cases
- Delivering the highest standards of quality and working with your coach to continuously improve
Rewards, Salary & Benefits
- A competitive salary with an achievable performance related bonus
- Exam sponsorship & study leave to achieve the Insurance Industry exams, with a reward and salary increase upon completion.
- Monday to Friday working week.
- 23 days annual leave plus Discretionary Company days, volunteering days and ‘thank you’ days. We also provide the opportunity for employees to purchase additional annual leave.
- A generous pension contribution
- Life Assurance & Critical Illness Cover
- Home and motor insurance employee discounts
- Generous family leave policies
- Energetic and open team dynamic
- Great staff social events
- Recognition points which convert to vouchers and other great prizes
- Access to learning on your own terms – courses by top learning providers across multiple topics available online.
- Flex Benefits Package – choose from options like Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Discount options
- Easy access to our Employee Assistance Programme and suite of Employee Wellness Initiatives including annual flu vaccine
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 160 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
*More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status