Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Technical Services Specialist – Galway (Open to Internal Applicants Only)
Exciting opportunity for a Qualified Insurance professional to join our team. The Technical Services Specialist will be able demonstrate strong technical knowledge of your function, as well as exceptional customer engagement.
The Technical Service Specialist will be responsible for ensuring there is a high level of product knowledge and technical capability across the department and will work with the Training and Quality team to deliver training and coach to the members of the team. Approximately 50% of your time will be spent dealing with customer queries/underwriting tasks.
The Technical Service Specialist remaining time will be spent working on training and coaching initiatives and acting as a Subject Matter Expert and point of referral on projects and minor enhancements. The Insurance Technical Specialist will work closely with the Customer Service Operations Lead ensuring a high standard on quality and technical knowledge in delivery with every interaction with customers.
- Liaising with the Training and Quality team to continuously improve the training programmes and identify any training needs
- Designing, developing, and delivering engaging training programmes to new and existing employees
- Keeping training material and learning aids updated
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for IT & Transformation projects and minor enhancements
- Be a point of referral for more complex queries within the team
- Liase with Portfolio and other key stakeholders on complex underwriting referrals
- Demonstrated self-motivation and an ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Receiving and responding to routine customer inquiries and resolve customer concerns
- Responsible for helping to resolve problems and complaints
- Assists with escalated calls
- Available for QA call monitoring and coaching as required
- Performing other duties as assigned by Manager
- A desire to continue to develop skills and knowledge
- Personal contribution to team productivity
- APA Qualified or working towards CIP
- Previous experiences working within a call or operation centre
- A proven track record in relation to Technical Quality and Customer Engagement
- Strong technical knowledge in both motor & home is an advantage
- Self-drive and best in class execution and delivery
- A passion for Customer Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Making things better everyday
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status