Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Commercial Lines Pricing Actuarial Trainee
This role will involve providing actuarial information, advice, and services to support and enable profitable business development and effective operational management across all Commercial Lines. You will spend your time developing actuarial and statistical models, conducting detailed actuarial analyses and contributing to business development, management and change activities. You will work with actuarial and underwriting colleagues to deliver ‘fit for purpose’ actuarial advice and services. You will interact with other functional areas aside from underwriting including claims, data analytics, finance and senior management
Study support is available for candidates looking to pursue actuarial qualifications
- Gathering required data (qualitative and quantitative) for analytical and/or modelling purposes, from agreed internal and/or external sources, in line with all mandatory data management, reporting and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with other departments to verify appropriate data sources and understanding of data. Cleaning and validating information collected to ensure accuracy and reliability, as far as possible.
- Building and operating actuarial and statistical models to meet business needs and requirements, ensuring methods and assumptions used are appropriate and consistent with relevant Group/Regional guidelines and reflect material regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the quarterly analysis and report on profitability for nominated classes of business
- Assist in technical analyses following the RSAII Pricing Process Steps
- Analysing information to identify variances, trends, anomalies, etc and explain, highlight and/or refer relevant issues to others as appropriate.
- Contributing to the development, maintenance and improvement of rating algorithms and platforms
- Make rate changes and evidence compliance with the change control process
- Preparing and presenting required reports, forecasts and other outputs to agreed standards in terms of timeliness, content and presentation on a regular and ad hoc basis as required.
- Taking all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and reliability of output, providing appropriate guidance to others on implications and interpretation
- Contributing to product/proposition development, portfolio/reserving/ claims/capital management and business operations as required, through appropriate actuarial analysis.
- Contributing to corporate transactions and business change activities providing accurate and reliable models and forecasts to support decision making and action planning.
- Mathematical or statistics 3rd level qualification or equivalent
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAS
- Strong numeracy skills and understanding of statistical analysis
- Experience of working within an actuarial or statistical environment (desirable)
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.