Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Graduate Reserving Specialist
Working in the Reserving team, you will be involved in conducting detailed analysis and contributing to business development and management. You will work with other actuarial and finance colleagues and information suppliers/customers delivering ‘fit for purpose’ actuarial information, advice, and services.
You will be one of a small central team of Reserving specialists and will report directly to the Head of Reserving. You will have strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and relationship management skills.
You will receive one-to-one monthly mentoring sessions from the Chief Actuary.
- Operating reserving models to meet business needs and requirements, ensuring methods and assumptions used are appropriate and consistent
- Preparation and manipulation of data including reconciliation and analysis
- Conducting detailed actuarial analyses as required, including working with complex or partial data and communicating the results to stakeholders with varying technical knowledge
- Liaising with internal and external team members with the aim of supporting the business
- Presenting and communicating reports, forecasts and other outputs, as required
- Mathematical, Engineering, Statistics, or other numerate 3rd level qualification or equivalent
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong aptitude and interest in programming and coding
- Knowledge of ResQ software would be an advantage
- Strong numeracy skills and understanding of statistical analysis
- Capable of working within a team and on their own initiative
- Problem-solving and creative mindset
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status