Join RSA and make a difference every day.
Whether you are just beginning your career or looking to take the next progressive step in your journey, RSA Insurance Ireland is an organization where you can be yourself, learn and develop and a place where your ideas and contributions matter.
With offices in Belfast, Galway, and Dublin, we have embraced hybrid work empowering our people to work flexibly and to suit their individual needs, which enables them to deliver great service to the customers we look after every day. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
At RSA and 123.ie we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees. We are proud to have 32 different nationalities represented in our workforce. Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $21 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to thrive and grow with us – and we’ll give you all the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
87% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and the wider company
90% of our people feel safe to speak up and share if they’ve made a mistake
91% of our people feel valued and respected by leadership
89% of our people are benefiting and thriving through our hybrid working model
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Senior Commercial Underwriter- Belfast
Exciting new full time role career opportunity within our Commercial Lines team, this role would be a mix of New and Existing Business.
The role of Commercial Underwriter will involve building, maintaining, and developing relationships with a portfolio of Accounts to secure profitable renewals and underwriting the associated cases in line with agreed area/segment strategies, processes, and risk appetite.
You will spend much of your time delivering underwriting decisions, managing Account, and contributing to business development activities. You will use your strong analytical, relationship management, negotiation, and communication skills to manage the underwriting of a portfolio of accounts.
- Reviewing allocated renewal cases, where appropriate, and delivering underwriting decisions by following agreed processes at the designated authority level and with the necessary senior direction and support, to secure profitable renewal business within the agreed risk appetite
- Reviewing allocated new business submissions, where appropriate, and delivering underwriting decisions by following agreed processes at the designated authority level and with the necessary senior direction and support, to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite
- Contributing to technical audits and peer review processes as required to support and enable the maintenance of an effective control environment.
- Managing complaints within own licence level in an appropriate fashion to maintain quality and continuity of relationships.
- Contributing to the wider development of effective business strategies, priorities, and market propositions, drawing on own knowledge, understanding and interpretation of local markets, competitors and Accounts.
- Actively engaging in the identification, prioritisation, negotiation and winning of profitable business in line with agreed business strategies and delegated authorities.
- Develop and maintain good internal relationships to support the end-to-end delivery of the customer proposition. Managing customer expectations and delivering the relevant Brand Promise whilst proactively identifying and pursuing up-selling and cross-selling opportunities at the same time as ensuring the Service Promise to meet the defined customer service proposition (e.g. Broker Promise)
- Feedback from customers and colleagues
- Operational efficiency
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and policy requirements
- Personal contribution to team productivity
- Exam Support to completed APA, CIP or CII
- Previous experiences in Insurance or Financial Services
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a commitment to delivering quality results.
- Proven effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Excellent external networks and relations with customers and intermediaries
- If this role is defined as a "controlled function" by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that you meet the requirements as set out in the Fitness & Probity standards issued in this Act.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status