Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Customer Service Operations Underwriter - Galway
Here, at RSA, we pride ourselves on having a highly skilled Customer Operations Team, who will always ensure we deliver an outstanding customer experience at every point of contact with our customers, Brokers, and Affinity Partners.
We have an exciting new career opportunity to enter the Insurance industry as a General Insurances Underwriter (Car & Home). This is a unique opportunity to join our dynamic and fast paced team as we grow our operations.
The role is a full-time position and training takes place in our Knocknacarra, Galway offices.
You will be a principal point of contact for our customers and brokers, primarily communicating via telephone and email. Our customer services centre is fast paced, and the role involves managing a high volume of customer contacts in a friendly, outgoing, professional, and efficient manner. You’ll be joining a team of underwriting professionals who are passionate about delivering best in class service.
If you’re interested in developing a career in the insurance sector, are focused on doing the right thing for our customers and want to be better every day, then we want to speak to you!
- You will spend most of your time on the phone providing excellent customer service, and making underwriting decisions on car and home insurance
- Working within your underwriting licence, and escalating underwriting decisions to senior team members
- Meeting and exceeding your assigned individual, and team targets
- Focus on Quality Assurance and work with a coach to develop customer service and technical (underwriting) skills
- Fulfil any additional administration duties in support of the role
What we need from you:
- Minimum requirement – Leaving Certificate or mature students
- Previous experience in the insurance sector is highly desirable, although not essential
- Great communication skills with a superb telephone manner
- Exposure to large multinational call centre environments would be an advantage
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational skills with focus on accuracy & attention to detail
- Strong track record, demonstrating ability to meet targets
- Hold or be progressing toward a recognised qualification in line with the requirements of the Minimum Competency Code for this role (e.g. APA/ CIP / or other recognised qualification)
- This role is a "controlled function" as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that you meet the requirements as set out in the Fitness & Probity standards issued in this Act. CF5&6.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status