Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our People & Culture Team as a HR Generalist. We are looking for an ambitious and motivated person to become a key part of our team. In return we will provide you with the opportunity to learn and further develop your skills and knowledge in a supportive and customer driven environment. In this role you will report to the People Operations and Analytics Lead.
- Act as the HR point of contact for employees and managers. Providing support to all new starters, acting as a point of contact for HR-related queries such as contracts, policies etc.
- Develop, update and enhance HR policies, procedures and processes, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and best practice.
- Support the preparation of monthly payroll submissions and updates to employee files.
- Prepare people related reports for stakeholders across the business.
- Support the broader People and Culture team and take an active role in various HR projects and other ad hoc duties as required.
- Ensure all employee records are up to date, accurate and in line with GDPR and HR Data Retention Policy and Fitness and Probity Standards.
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding and exit interviews, including data entry in our human resources information systems (HRIS) and audits for accuracy and compliance.
- Assist with the performance review processes.
Requirement & Skills:
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in a similar role preferable.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in human resources, business, or related field preferable.
- Customer focused, both internal and external, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised and self-motivated and the ability to work as part of a wider team.
- Thrive and be adaptable in a fast paced and dynamic working environment, with an agile mindset.
- Excellent administration skills with a strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- High levels of professionalism and integrity and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Problem solver, process driven and results oriented.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status