Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Financial Reporting Accountant – Contract
These roles involve working as part of a Financial Reporting and Control Centre of Excellence responsible for management and statutory reporting at both Group and local entity level. You will spend your time collecting, analysing, interpreting, and reporting on information, predominantly but not exclusively of a financial nature.
You will add value through your ability to deliver robust & accurate monthly results for a business area or areas, balancing conflicting demands and working to tight deadlines. You may lead or work as part of a team and will play a key role in the delivery of a robust Financial Control environment.
This is a contract role to cover Maternity leave.
- Working as part of the Financial Reporting and Control Centre of Excellence to gather, validate and compile quantitative and qualitative financial information from multiple internal and/or external sources to ensure accuracy and completeness of reporting at both a Group and local entity level
- Interpreting financial information to determine causality, significance, business impact or implications and developing advice or recommendations for action to be approved by others
- Preparing financial statements on a regular or ad hoc basis to meet the needs of internal customers and stakeholders, within agreed timescales
- Ensuring information and interpretation is presented clearly, unambiguously and in a readily comprehensible format appropriate for the audience in question
- Ensuring an appropriate control and compliance environment by participating in end-to-end process controls testing where required, monitoring control KPIs produced by FCF and highlighting issues to the Financial Reporting and Control Team Leader and Manager
- Communicating and liaising with internal finance colleagues (including the Finance Business Partners) and others as necessary in order to check accuracy, give or obtain further information and/or resolve queries
- Contributing to a robust financial close process, ensuring stringent financial control as well as compliance with Group policies and other regulatory requirements
- Adhering to internal service levels which have been agreed for the Centre of Excellence and the services it is providing to customers
- Identifying and suggesting opportunities to add value through improved efficiency or effectiveness and/or enhanced service
- Contributing to projects and initiatives as needed to improve operational efficiency, develop capacity or capability and/or add value for customers
- Leading, motivating, and developing new or part qualified members of the team to deliver high quality outputs in the most effective ways while ensuring their personal and professional development
- Qualified ACCA or ACA with 2-3 PQE
- Role based in Dundrum
- Previous experience in Insurance accounting role
- Experience of IFRS17 desirable but not essential
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status