Join RSA and make a difference every day.
Whether you are just beginning your career or looking to take the next progressive step in your journey, RSA Insurance Ireland is an organization where you can be yourself, learn and develop and a place where your ideas and contributions matter.
With offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, we have embraced hybrid work empowering our people to work flexibly and to suit their individual needs, which enables them to deliver great service to the customers we look after every day. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
At RSA and 123.ie we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees. We are proud to have 32 different nationalities represented in our workforce. Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $21 billion of total annual premiums.â€¯
We want you to thrive and grow with us – and we’ll give you all the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.â€¯
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
87% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and the wider company
90% of our people feel safe to speak up and share if they’ve made a mistake
91% of our people feel valued and respected by leadership
89% of our people are benefiting and thriving through our hybrid working model
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Part Qualified Financial Accountant
This Financial Accountant role will provide you with an excellent opportunity to learn first-hand from a best-in-class Finance team what it takes to be a General Insurance Accountant at RSA Insurance Ireland. General insurance is one of the fastest growing finance sectors due to the continuous identification of new risks requiring insurance in this growing digital global market e.g., cyber risk, autonomous vehicles, telematics etc
Our Finance Strategy is to Drive Insights through Numbers as we complete our journey to be Best in Class.â€¯ The successful candidate will work within the Finance team working towards this strategy and will include exposure to financial control, financial reporting, financial analysis, and Insurance tax.
As a financial accountant, you will be trained on how to complete certain processes, which will evolve into other processes as you learn and grow as a Finance professional. You will have the opportunity to work with different teams within Finance including, Reporting, Analysis and Tax teams. You will also work with other teams including Finance Operations & Credit Control, Finance Business Partners, Actuarial, Underwriting and Claims.
You will report to the Financial Reporting and Controls Manager and will also support the CFO, Financial Controller, Financial Analysis and Solvency II Reporting Manager and Head of Tax. Your role will include the following:
- Monthly/Quarterly reporting cycles including completion of processes and controls, posting of journals to the General ledger, and variance analysis,
- Be part of the Annual reporting cycle through completion of processes,
- Financial analysis tasks including expense analysis, results analysis and analysis of results reported externally.
- Assist with inputs to the Tax team, the broader Finance team under the CFO and other teams across the business requiring Finance inputs,
- Engage with the Finance team on the application of Financial Reporting Standards and Solvency II Delegated Regulations, which will assist with your training and progress with exam preparation.
- You will have the opportunity to interact with other employees in various areas and levels in the organisation. You will also be assigned a mentor to help ensure that your placement is positive and enjoyable.
- â€¯Part of a large Finance function with a local CFO, Financial Controller, Head of Finance Operations, Head of Finance Business Partnering, Financial Control Leader, Finance Managers, and their teams.â€¯
- Part of a wider organisation of > 600 employees across 3 locations in Ireland (Dublin, Galway, and Belfast).
What is a Finance Accountant Role with RSA like?
- Hybrid office working
- Dublin or Galway office
- Support within finance functions
- Assigned a mentor
- On the job training
- Exposure to widely used financial system
- Formal training sessions
- Knowledge Sharing Days
- Exposure from early stage to senior management
- Clear visibility of the work you do driving change in the business
- Collaboration with other areas of the business
- Sports and Social Club
- Tag Rugby, Rock Climbing, Five-a-side
- Table Quiz, Cocktail Making Class
- Summer BBQ. Christmas Party
- Business or Finance Degree with 2.1
- Studying towards ACCA qualification
- Previous experiences within accountancy functions is advantage
- Strong attention to details
- Strong knowledge of Excel,
- Competitive Salary
- Exam Support and Professional membership
- Performance Bonus
- 25 days holidays pro rata + 2 additional company days
- Discount on Home and Motor Insurance
- Flex Benefits
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status