Join RSA and make a difference every day.
Whether you are just beginning your career or looking to take the next progressive step in your journey, RSA Insurance Ireland is an organization where you can be yourself, learn and develop and a place where your ideas and contributions matter.
With offices in Belfast, Galway, and Dublin, we have embraced hybrid work empowering our people to work flexibly and to suit their individual needs, which enables them to deliver great service to the customers we look after every day. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
At RSA and 123.ie we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees. We are proud to have 32 different nationalities represented in our workforce. Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $21 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to thrive and grow with us – and we’ll give you all the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
87% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and the wider company
90% of our people feel safe to speak up and share if they’ve made a mistake
91% of our people feel valued and respected by leadership
89% of our people are benefiting and thriving through our hybrid working model
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
This role directs and leads the RSA Ireland intermediary Channels and Commercial Operations growth strategy, including Intermediary & Affinity Sales, Commercial Operations, and Personal Lines Operations. You will report to the CEO of RSA Ireland. You will shape the development, delivery of the business strategy and drive growth.
You will influence business colleagues and key customer and executives to shape, and gain buy in to commercial strategy and lead Commercial Operations to drive the achievement of the operational plan with a view of outperforming the market participants and ensure the necessary commercial capacity and capability are effectively developed and managed to achieve them.
You will drive profitable underwriting and operational performance through clear appetite, objectives, action planning, and response to exposure management guidance.
- Creating and sharing a vision for the Intermediary & Affinity Channels and Operations teams and lead the team to ensure its successful delivery to achieve the business strategy, goals and drive growth.
- Driving the strategic direction and KPIs in line with overall underwriting strategy.
- Influencing internal and external business strategies, shape, and gain buy-in to the commercial operations strategy and maximise sales and business performance by engaging with RSA executives, intermediary and/or client executives and external market influencers.
- Directing the delivery of the Commercial Operations strategy and the achievement of targets; communicating associated accountabilities to leaders, agreeing plans and KPIs and taking action to address performance issues.
- Facilitating the development of the team to deliver growth. Set clear goals that are aligned and performance manage to a clear set of metrics that support the plan
- Developing the capabilities of a cross-functional team that develops performance insights, forecasts, and actionable strategies across a number of key dimensions including customer and broker segment channels
- Managing the function to ensure that resources (people, finances, information, technology, etc.), processes and control frameworks are appropriate to the required standards of excellence and best practice, operating effectiveness and efficiency, and Group, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Contributing to the delivery of the Op Plan and proactively take ownership for strategic initiatives to outperform the market.
- Support, and lead where required, the implementation of group initiatives.
- Creating and maintaining a highly engaged team.
- Establishing the right capability and credibility needed to deliver exceptional levels of service while also supporting each team member’s wider personal and professional development.
- Working cross-functionally to ensure there are aligned and coordinated operational processes and systems and identify opportunities to improve overall effectiveness and efficiency.
- Leading projects and initiatives to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency ensuring the associated changes are embedded across the relevant teams and functions.
- Being a recognised expert in applying best practice strategy development techniques and tools and demonstrating the Company Values, fully utilising your skills, knowledge, and experience
- 10 years in a Senior Leadership role
- Experience in executing commercial strategies
- Strong leadership experience
- Experience of Underwriting and Portfolio Management as well as management capabilities to manage and grow line of business capabilities
- Ability to challenge standard thinking and fostering an increasingly data led business
- Demonstrable skills in inspiring business buy-in to strategy, leadership, management, capability development, team budget management and collaboration in order to drive strategic goals
- Role is Hybrid
- If this role is defined as a "controlled function" by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that you meet the requirements as set out in the Fitness & Probity standards issued in this Act.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status