Join RSA and make a difference every day.
At RSA and we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees.
We have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where we’ve embraced hybrid working and empower our people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of our customers. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to succeed with us and grow with us – and we’ll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
95% of our people are committed to driving innovation and change
91% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of our people feel safe to share they’ve made a mistake
89% of our people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of our people know how their job supports the company’s strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Underwriting Strategy & Excellence - Delegated Authority Consultant
Within the Line 1 Underwriting team this role involves developing and leading the underwriting control validation framework applicable to business underwritten on behalf of RSAII and RSANI through Underwriting Delegated Authority. For the framework to operate effectively there must be a leader with appropriate underwriting experience and accountability across Commercial and Personal Lines. You will be responsible for designing and managing the control validation process including managing key stakeholder relationships with Portfolio and Broker Distribution Management in RSA and externally with our broker partners.
Underwriting control validation is an integral part of Underwriting Portfolio Management and is mandated through the RSAII Underwriting Policy. Through the underwriting control validation framework, you will provide an independent review of Delegated Authority arrangements to ensure regulatory requirements are met, adherence to risk appetite and strategy and compliance with the Underwriting Policy by evaluating the risk assessment, risk selection and pricing of risks across all underwriting lines.
- Developing, implementing, and managing the external control validation framework to independently review and validate the controls operating on business underwritten on behalf of RSA by brokers with Delegated Authority.
- Ensuring internal and external controls are operating effectively and are compliant with RSAII Policy to effectively manage Delegated Authority schemes.
- Using your underwriting knowledge and skills to interpret and validate underwriting information from multiple underwriting systems across all Delegated Authority Schemes in RSAII and NI.
- Identify breaches of delegated authority or gaps in compliance with the Delegated authority and evaluate the risk to RSA, mandating actions to mitigate the risks.
- Preparing high quality and timely reporting of control validation findings and resulting actions to senior managers within RSAII and our external broker partners and tracking actions to completion.
- Influencing and persuading Portfolio Managers and other Senior Underwriting and Operations Leaders to maintain and improve risk management standards and underwriting controls in relation to External Delegated Authority schemes.
- Providing expert advice to Senior Underwriting and Portfolio Managers on effective solutions for emerging underwriting issues on External Delegated Authority Schemes.
- Working with UKI colleagues to ensure the annual External control validation plan for RSAII is undertaken efficiently and effectively.
- Between 3 and 5 years Commercial and Personal Underwriting technical capability to enable effective challenge of underwriting controls and control validation both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain professional business relationships with internal scheme managers and external broker partners.
- Senior Stakeholder management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- CIP qualified at a minimum working towards LCI or MDI qualification.
- This role is subject to the Fitness and Probity Standards (“The Standards”), issued under Section 50 of the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 and any subsequent amendments. The role holder must ensure they are fully aware of the Standards and in a position to fully comply with them always.
- This role falls within scope of the Minimum Competency Code (MCC) and includes a responsibility to directly manage or supervise other in-scope roles where appropriate. This role requires the jobholder to have attained the status of ‘Qualified Person’ in the relevant function(s) i.e. i.e. personal lines, commercial lines and claims, or have a Statement of Grandfathered Status in the relevant function(s). The status of ‘Qualified Person’ can be achieved through attaining the qualification of Certified Insurance Practitioner (CIP), Accredited Product Advisor (APA or Associate or Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII or FCII). The jobholder must also comply with all CPD requirements as outlined in the MCC.
- Comply with the requirements of the Consumer Protection Code and the Data Protection Code.
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status