Join RSA and make a difference every day.
Whether you are just beginning your career or looking to take the next progressive step in your journey, RSA Insurance Ireland is an organization where you can be yourself, learn and develop and a place where your ideas and contributions matter.
With offices in Belfast, Galway, and Dublin, we have embraced hybrid work empowering our people to work flexibly and to suit their individual needs, which enables them to deliver great service to the customers we look after every day. Our Dublin office is also home to our sister-company 123.ie.
At RSA and 123.ie we empower our customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for our employees. We are proud to have 32 different nationalities represented in our workforce. Our diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
As proud member of the Intact family, we’re part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Our business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $21 billion of total annual premiums.
We want you to thrive and grow with us – and we’ll give you all the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then we promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
RSA is a purpose-driven business – our purpose is to ‘help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times’.
We do that by living our values – Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity – in everything that we do.
We provide an open and honest workplace – where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in our DNA and is the value that guides and enables our people to help others, protect the environment and make our communities more resilient. It drives our efforts to care for people and to give our time, financial resources and talent. We’re also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that our business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don’t lie… in our annual engagement survey
87% of our people celebrate the diversity in their teams and the wider company
90% of our people feel safe to speak up and share if they’ve made a mistake
91% of our people feel valued and respected by leadership
89% of our people are benefiting and thriving through our hybrid working model
So if you want to make a difference every day, we’d love to have you.
Credit Controller – Fixed Term Contract
An exciting opportunity has opened up in our highly skilled Credit Control Team in Galway. We are looking to hire an experienced Credit Control Handler to join our team of 7 Handlers for a 9-month contract to cover maternity leave.
As a Credit Control Handler, the role will involve working as part of the Credit Control team within our Finance function. You will be involved in delivering a designated range of services to internal and external customers to a high standard and defined SLAs. These services will typically be of a transactional nature e.g. premium collection, debt management; but will require coping with high and/or fluctuating volumes of activity and working to tight deadlines and consistent standards.
You will add value through your ability to interact effectively with customers, and wider team to spot items or issues that need non-standard responses and act accordingly, and your flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in volume or service demand. Using your technical expertise to support and develop others
- Dealing directly with internal and external customers to deliver customer satisfaction by carrying out a range of, mostly routine, transactions and interactions to a high standard
- Carrying out processes and transactions, accurately and consistently in line with defined timescale and service standards e.g. response times, record keeping, referrals, etc.
- Engaging with customers and colleagues to maintain open lines of communication, ensure mutual understanding and the prompt resolution of issues arising
- Managing Direct Debit Administration with customers
- Identifying and suggesting opportunities to add value through improved efficiency or effectiveness and/or enhanced service
- Adapting quickly to unexpected fluctuations in volume or changes in demand, operating processes or technologies
- Adhering to control and risk management policies and procedures
- Contributing to projects and initiatives as needed to improve operational efficiency, develop capacity or capability and/or add value for customers
- Proactively manage debt collection on assigned Portfolio of accounts.
- Ensure timely cash collection while maintaining the already existing good relationships with our customers.
- Achieve and maintain an acceptable age of debt.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with internal and external customers.
- Prioritise and manage a challenging workload while maintaining a high level of customer service and satisfaction
- To meet and exceed your assigned financial targets.
- Resolution of queries to facilitate payments from customers.
- To support the day-to day activities of the Team.
- Producing month end reporting including age debt
- Exporting and sending of statements to Brokers
- 1- 3 years previous experience in a Finance environment, specifically Credit Control, is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills with an efficient and professional manner
- Experience with Microsoft office
- Competent computer and keyboard skills.
- A positive attitude and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Exceptional organisational skills with accuracy & attention to detail
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status